HELP Service Areas
In this high stakes educational environment, why would you not take advantage of HELP to maximize your opportunities?
HELP serves as a first source resource by providing guidance and assistance with all aspects of the academic process including, but not limited to:
- Middle School focused on course management, study tips, identification of potential colleges & universities, the summer job shadow opportunities and camp exposure, and career exploration.
- High School focused on course management, study & college prep tips, identification of potential colleges & universities, the collegiate application essay help, major fit, summer job, shadowing and camp exposure, resume development, volunteer/service opportunities, career counseling and funding & scholarship assistance.
- Undergraduate focused on academic & social expectations, institutional fit, course scheduling, employment, funding, potential pitfalls and the importance of service, along with identification of potential graduate programs, the application process, volunteer/service opportunities, funding & fellowship assistance and career counseling.
- Masters or PhD focused on academic & social expectations, institutional fit, research agenda framing, literature comprehension, course management, thesis & dissertation tips, publishing, assistantships and potential pitfalls, along with identification of PhD programs, the application process and funding & fellowship assistance and career counseling.
- Faculty focused on research assistance, networking, interview prep, contract negotiation, literature review, syllabus creation, tenure process, obtaining funding, publishing and career counseling.
- Administration & Organizational focused on service programs, funding, support and evaluation.
"There has never been an organization as comprehensive as this, designed without boundaries, open to grow as the need facilitates, having the ability to serve so many." Dr. Jacobs-Exford, Alabama State University
HELPs Primary Program Areas include HELP's...
- Summer College Experience/Research Programs provides students the opportunity to experience college life and explore career paths. All camps take place on college campuses, are over-night, range anywhere from 1 to 6 weeks and include a variety of academic, career development and entertainment experiences. Over the past 4 years, donations from HELP supporters have allowed HELP to sponsor 58 scholars participation in our college experience programs.
- College Application & Essay Workshops provides college, transfer and graduate /professional application essay/statement of purpose assistance to students through either individual (in-person/online) or group sessions.
- Aggie Experience Program which specifically assists students get “to and through” Texas A&M University, College Station through a host of specialized academic services. HELP Aggies participants meet weekly during the semester and students may request individual meetings as needed.
- Athletes Program which assists current and former athletes position themselves to maximize life after sports, along with building, maximizing and sustaining their personal brands. Our focus centers on the personal development of athletes through service, educational and civic leadership in the communities they grew up, went to college at and play in. Through this program we are able to provide funding for youth sports and academic camps and assist in community social service efforts.
- Career Program which assists in the career development of HELP scholars and athletes. Through this program HELP is able to provide resume, networking and interview skills. Moreover, HELP matchs employees and employers for shadow, internship and full and part-time employment opportunities.
- Fiscal Sponsorships Program which assists organizations that are not recognized as an IRS tax-exempt 501c3 by serving as their non-profit partner which allows them and their program(s) to receive tax-exempt donations.
You can either get HELP or compete against students who do!
Contact HELP at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 301.803.0100 to book us for an event or for more information about our services!